Pepperstone is a leading CFD broker with 1,200+ assets, three market-leading trading platforms, the cutting-edge trading tool Capitalise AI, competitive trading costs, and superb execution statistics. The Pepperstone demo account is a useful and necessary tool, but only if used as intended.
Our in-depth Pepperstone demo account review provides a step-by-step opening guide, followed by tips on using it to ensure traders get the greatest benefit from their Pepperstone demo account. We also discuss the differences between the Pepperstone demo account to live accounts and cover the pros and cons before finishing with how to convert the 30-day limited Pepperstone demo account to an unlimited one. Find out how you can benefit the most from your Pepperstone demo account and get additional information by reading the full Pepperstone broker review.
How to Open a Pepperstone Demo Account: Step-by-Step Procedure
Before opening a Pepperstone demo account, traders must create a Pepperstone ID, which grants access to the back office. Follow our step-by-step guide below, and you will log into your Pepperstone demo account with the last step.
Here is how you open your Pepperstone demo account:
1. Go to the Pepperstone website and click on the blue “Join Now” button in the right-hand corner of the homepage.
2. The registration form asks for country of residence, account type, name, date of birth, mobile phone number, e-mail, and desired password. Alternatively, traders may use their Google or Facebook IDs to complete this step. Pepperstone will e-mail a confirmation e-mail with the login details for the Pepperstone back office.
3. Log into the Pepperstone back office, click “Account” in the left-hand menu, and select “Demo.” Click on the blue plus button in the top-right corner, and a pop-up appears. Traders can pick their trading platform, MT4, MT5, or cTrader, their preferred account base currency, desired leverage, account type, and demo account balance. Clicking the blue “Submit” button completes the Pepperstone demo account registration. Pepperstone will e-mail the demo account login details.
- Traders should select parameters for their Pepperstone demo account similar to what they plan for their live account.
- MT4/MT5 Pepperstone demo accounts expire after 30 days unless traders fund a live account and request unlimited demo accounts.
- cTrader demo accounts remain unlimited by default as long as traders log into them at least once every 30 days.
How to Use the Pepperstone Demo Account
The Pepperstone demo account is ideal for beginners to familiarize themselves with the three trading platforms and the two Pepperstone account types. Pepperstone offers excellent educational content, and beginners should incorporate it into their Pepperstone demo account usage. Therefore, users should select a demo account balance and leverage settings similar to the planned live deposit, as it will simulate demo trading with a more realistic outcome.
Algorithmic trading and scalping account for the bulk of trading activity, and Pepperstone supports it with the Active Trader Program and the VIP client service for high-frequency traders. The Pepperstone demo account allows algorithmic traders to bug-fix and test their solutions, while traders can evaluate EAs and other algorithmic programs before buying and running them.
Pepperstone offers Myfxbook Autotrade, DupliTrade, and embedded copy trading services in MT4, MT5, and cTrader. Copy traders can use the Pepperstone demo account to evaluate strategies for several months before committing capital to copy trades in live portfolios.
The Pepperstone demo account also caters to seasoned traders and signal providers, who can test settings, adjust parameters, compare performances, and fine-tune their trading approach. Seasoned traders can refine and fine-tune their strategies, and signal providers can improve their results to attract more followers.
The Pepperstone demo account offers many benefits if properly used. Our below tips will allow you to get the most from your demo trading experience.
Tips on using the Pepperstone demo account:
- Always use demo account settings similar to your intended planned live deposit.
- Trade lot sizes suited to your portfolio balance.
- Execute risk management identical to live accounts and compare various settings.
- Treat your demo account as a live account as much as possible and use it daily.
- Familiarize yourself with the functionality and differences between the three trading platforms.
- Do not replenish your demo account balance if you are using demo trading as an educational tool.
- Consider the demo account limitations, like the absence of trading psychology.
- Tweak and test strategies, gather trade data, and compare performances.
- Before buying and using EAs, which can work for short periods before accumulating losses, test them for several months to expose them to various trading conditions.
- Compare performances and metrics of signal providers for a few months in the Pepperstone demo account before committing capital.
Pepperstone Demo Account Features
Traders may evaluate the three trading platforms and conditions in the Pepperstone demo account but should consider the limitations. While the Pepperstone demo account attempts to simulate live trading conditions as close as possible in a risk-free environment with virtual money, it cannot replicate exposure to trading psychology or slippage, as no actual trading occurs.
The Pepperstone demo account is a vital tool for beginners, seasoned traders, copy traders, and algorithmic traders to test, tweak, compare, evaluate, and bug-fix trading strategies and solutions. Pepperstone never pressures traders into live deposits and understands the needs of demo account users. Besides the necessary flexibility to customize the settings, Pepperstone has no time limit or restrictions on the amount of Pepperstone demo accounts.
Many brokers restrict usage to between 21 and 30 days. While the MT4/MT5 Pepperstone demo account option has a 30-day time limit, traders can request unlimited upgrades once they fund their live trading account, which is a reasonable condition. Traders can have unlimited 30-day demo accounts, but it is best to deposit into a live portfolio and request the unlimited option, as it will enhance the demo trading experience. cTrader demo accounts remain unlimited if traders log into them once every 30 days.
Pepperstone Demo Account Overview at a Glance
Pepperstone Demo Account
Availability of a Pepperstone demo account
Pepperstone demo account duration
Unlimited (MT4/MT5 require funded live accounts)
Pepperstone demo platforms
MT4, MT5, cTrader
Pepperstone demo account options
Fully customizable (from within the Pepperstone back office)
Algorithmic trading (EAs) enabled
Pepperstone demo account balance
Customizable (from within the Pepperstone back office)
Number of Pepperstone demo accounts
Differences between Live and Demo Accounts with Pepperstone
The Pepperstone demo account simulates trading aspects besides slippage, profits, and losses due to the lack of actual trading. The lack of exposure to trading psychology is the primary difference between live and demo accounts with Pepperstone. It may appear minimal and often dismissed, but it separates profitable traders from up to 90% of unprofitable ones. Pepperstone notes 77% of its retail traders lose money.
Beginners who use the Pepperstone demo account for educational purposes should consider the limitations. The relationship between trading psychology and how it influences trading often results in profitable demo trading followed by immediate losses in live portfolios. Incorporating educational lessons from Pepperstone and using demo settings similar to the planned live deposit typically improves the demo trading outcome. Traders should understand that they have never faced live trading conditions, as no simulation can offer exposure to the necessary aspects of successful trading.
Pros and Cons of the Pepperstone Demo Account
Before opening a Pepperstone demo account, traders should consider its pros and cons. It ensures they know what they will get, how to use it properly, and avoid its shortfalls.
The pros of the Pepperstone demo account are:
- Swift registration process
- User-friendly Pepperstone dashboard for demo account management
- Choice of trading platforms and accounts
- Availability of trading instruments
- Flexible Pepperstone demo account options to mirror live trading conditions.
- Algorithmic trading enabled.
- Ideal to evaluate copy traders and signal providers.
- No time restrictions
- Unlimited demo accounts
The cons of the Pepperstone demo account are:
- Lack of exposure to trading psychology
- False sense of security and accomplishment
- May promotes reckless trading, unrealistic expectations, and a wrong mentality
Pepperstone Demo Account Bottom Line
Pepperstone offers unlimited Pepperstone demo accounts, and traders can have as many as they require, confirming that Pepperstone understands the needs of demo traders. Traders have the must-have flexibility to customize the Pepperstone demo account to reflect live trading conditions as close as possible. It makes it ideal for beginners to familiarize themselves with the trading conditions. The Pepperstone demo account is a vital tool for beginners, seasoned traders, copy traders, and algorithmic traders to test, tweak, compare, evaluate, and bug-fix trading strategies and solutions.
Before using the Pepperstone demo account, beginners must consider the limitations and shortfalls. Our above tips ensure traders get the maximum benefits from their Pepperstone demo account, which is a valuable and necessary tool if used for its intended purposes. Beginners can shorten the learning curve if they apply the lessons from the quality Pepperstone educational content to their demo account usage.
How much virtual money do you get in Pepperstone demo accounts?
Is the Pepperstone demo account the best?
Does Pepperstone charge a demo Account opening fee?
How to delete the Pepperstone demo account?
How do I open a demo account with Pepperstone?
Does Pepperstone have a demo account?