Pepperstone maintains an innovative trading infrastructure and offers traders excellent trading tools, including one of the most comprehensive upgrades for MT4/MT5 trading platforms. Traders get two primary Pepperstone account types, high-volume traders benefit from a three-tier rebate program, and a Premium account option exists. The balanced asset selection supports all trading strategies, making Pepperstone a competitive multi-asset CFD broker. For additional info about Pepperstone, read our in-depth broker review.
Our comprehensive Pepperstone account types review introduces the commission-free and the commission-based options. It also covers everything traders must know to make an informed decision before opening a Pepperstone trading account.
Pepperstone Account Types Overview
Pepperstone Account Types Features
Pepperstone Account Types Details
$0 (Pepperstone recommends $200)
Minimum Forex Spreads
0.1 pips (commission-based) / 0.7 (commission-free)
$6 per 1.0 standard round lot (cTrader) / $7 per 1.0 round lot (MT4/MT5)
Yes (a three-tier volume-based Active Trader Program)
1:500 (dependent on the subsidiary and asset)
Order Execution Model
Market Maker / ECN/ NDD
Minimum Trade Size
Pepperstone Account Types
The Pepperstone minimum deposit for both Pepperstone account types is $0, ensuring traders have complete flexibility on portfolio management, but Pepperstone recommends a minimum of $200. Our Pepperstone account types introduction covers the available features for traders to know what to expect.
Pepperstone Account types – Key Points
1. Trusted and secure multi-asset CFD accounts.
2. Compliant with seen regulators and a clean operational track record of 12+ years.
3. User-friendly back office for account management and financial transactions.
4. Unlimited Pepperstone demo account.
5. Balanced asset selection of 1,200+ trading instruments.
6. Competitive Pepperstone trading fees and negative balance protection.
7. Superb trading execution and deep liquidity.
8. Cutting-edge trading tools and upgraded trading platform with each Pepperstone account.
9. Quality education for beginners, research, analytics, and an active trading community.
Pepperstone Standard Account
The Pepperstone Standard account is the commission-free option, featuring competitive costs with average trading fees of $8.40 per 1.0 standard lot on major currency pairs. The three-tier rebate program decreases costs between $1.00 and $3.00 per 1.0 round lot, which Pepperstone pays daily. Equity CFD commissions depend on the stock exchange but range between 0.07% and 0.20% with a minimum of A$10.00, €14.00, £14.00, or HKD90 per round trade, while US equity CFD commissions are $0.04 per share.
Traders benefit from one of the most comprehensive upgrades for the MT4/MT5 trading platforms, consisting of 28 plugins and EAs, Autochartist, and Capitalise AI, which allows traders to automatize trading strategies in a code-free environment. Pepperstone also connects to the active TradingView community with 30M+ traders and supports copy trading via Myfxbook Autotrade, DupliTrade, and the embedded services in MT4, MT5, and cTrader. Pepperstone fully supports algorithmic trading in both Pepperstone account types, including VPS hosting for 24/5 low-latency market access and API trading for advanced algorithmic trading solutions.
Supported account currencies are AUD, USD, JPY, GBP, EUR, CAD, CHF, NZD, SGD, and HKD. The maximum Forex leverage is 1:500, but it depends on the geographic location of traders, where some well-known regulators have restrictions of 1:30.
- The Pepperstone Standard account grants access to all available trading instruments and trading tools while trading costs remain competitive, making it the ideal choice for most traders.
Pepperstone Razor Account
The Pepperstone Razor account offers identical trading conditions to the Standard option, but it deploys a commission-based pricing environment. Average spreads for major currency pairs are 0.24 pips, and cTrader accounts pay a commission of $6.00 per 1.0 standard round lot for total costs of $8.40, matching the commission-free MT4/MT5 alternative. MT4/MT5 accounts trade with a disadvantage, as they pay a commission of $7.00 per lot for total fees of $9.40.
- The Pepperstone Razor account is mostly suitable for cTrader portfolios, as MT4/MT5 fees are higher.
Pepperstone Professional Account
The Pepperstone Professional account is available to EU-based traders, which became an option following 2018 ESMA-mandated regulatory changes. Traders get identical trading conditions to non-EU resident traders. They have to meet two of the following three criteria to qualify for the Pepperstone Professional account:
- Sufficient trading activity over the past twelve months of at least ten transactions per quarter.
- Financial portfolio exceeding €500,000, including cash and investments.
- Relevant experience in the financial sector in a professional capacity for at least one year.
Pepperstone Premium Client Account
The Pepperstone Premium Client account is available for Forex traders who exceed $15M in notional monthly trading volume. It is a requirement for the Active Trader Program, which lowers trading fees. Additionally, it includes non-trading perks like seminars, workshops, private dining experiences, and sporting events.
- The Pepperstone Premium Client account is an excellent, rewarding service for high-volume traders.
Pepperstone Islamic Account
The Pepperstone Islamic account offers swap-free trading and requires a minimum deposit of $200 or a currency equivalent. It is a commission-free account, where average spreads increase to between 1.0 pips and 1.2 pips or $10 to $12. Supported account base currencies are AUD, EUR, GBP, and USD. After ten days, an administrative fee applies, replacing swap rates, where Forex traders pay $50.
The following table includes a list of eligible countries of residency to open a Pepperstone Islamic account:
Pepperstone Demo Account
Pepperstone offers unlimited Pepperstone demo accounts, and traders can have as many as they require, confirming that Pepperstone understands the needs of demo traders. It provides traders the must-have flexibility to customize the Pepperstone demo account to reflect live trading conditions as close as possible, including the demo account balance, leverage settings, trading platform, and account type. The MT4/MT5 demo accounts expire after 30 days, but if traders fund a live portfolio, where the Pepperstone minimum deposit is $0, they can request unlimited demo accounts. The cTrader demo account is unrestricted by default as long as traders use it once every 30 days. The user-friendly Pepperstone back office allows traders to manage their Pepperstone demo accounts.
- The Pepperstone demo account is ideal for testing the functionalities of the Pepperstone trading platforms, testing EAs, tweaking and trying new strategies, evaluating signal providers, and bug-fixing algorithmic trading solutions
How to Open a Pepperstone Account - Step by Step
Opening a Pepperstone account is simple and completed via a swift online application. Since Pepperstone is a regulated broker, account verification is mandatory. Most traders pass it by uploading a copy of their government-issued ID and one proof of residency document, complying with regulatory stipulated AML/KYC rules.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to open your Pepperstone trading account:
1. Go to the Pepperstone website and click on the blue “Join Now” button in the right-hand corner of the homepage.
2. The registration form asks for country of residence, account type, name, date of birth, mobile phone number, e-mail, and desired password. Alternatively, traders may use their Google or Facebook IDs to complete this step. Pepperstone will e-mail a confirmation e-mail with the login details for the Pepperstone back office.
3. Log into the Pepperstone back office to complete your application. It consists of personal information mixed with unnecessary data collection covering employment and financial information, but traders may answer as they please, as no verification is necessary. The application form also includes an “Appropriateness Test.” Traders can select their preferred trading platform, Pepperstone account type, and account base currency in the “Trading Preferences.”
4. New clients must pass mandatory account verification to satisfy AML/KYC requirements. Only verified accounts can make deposits, trade, and request withdrawals. Submitting a copy of their government-issued ID and one proof of residency document allows most traders to pass account verification. Pepperstone may ask for additional information on a case-by-case basis. Clicking the blue “Submit” button submits the Pepperstone account registration to the verification department.
5. Making the Pepperstone minimum deposit, which is $0, but Pepperstone recommends $200 or a currency equivalent, will complete the registration and setup process. Pepperstone will also e-mail confirmation, which includes account login details.
- Some traders must open an account with the subsidiary and regulator in their country and have no choice (for example, EU traders must trade with the CySEC unit).
- The regulatory jurisdiction determines certain trading conditions, such as maximum leverage.
The following table includes a list of restricted countries of residence unable to open a Pepperstone trading account:
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
Turks and Caicos Islands
US Virgin Islands
Pepperstone Account Features
Pepperstone is a competitive multi-asset CFD broker, and the Pepperstone account types can provide traders with an edge, as outlined below.
Among the most competitive Pepperstone account features are:
- User-friendly back-office ideal for multi-account management.
- Upgraded MT4/MT5 trading platforms with 28 plugins, EAs, and Autochartist.
- Capitalise AI, which allows automatizing strategies in a code-free environment.
- Deep liquidity and competitive leverage (dependent on the regulator).
- Superb NDD order execution with a 99.95% fill rate.
- Balanced asset selection consisting of 1,200+ trading instruments.
- Competitive commission-free Forex costs.
- Premium Client Account with an Active Trader Program.
- Ten account base currencies (AUD, USD, JPY, GBP, EUR, CAD, CHF, NZD, SGD, and HKD)
- Complete support for algorithmic trading, including VPS and API trading.
- Copy trading via embedded MT4/MT5/cTrader solutions, Myfxbook, Autotrade, and DupliTrade.
- Access to the active TradingView community with 30M+ traders.
- Unlimited demo accounts for funded Pepperstone account types.
- The Pepperstone minimum deposit requirement is $0.
- Choice of payment processors.
Pepperstone Account Pros & Cons
Traders should consider the pros and cons of the Pepperstone account types before opening and funding one.
Pros of Pepperstone Account Types
Cons of Pepperstone Account Types
Cutting-edge trading tools, including Capitalise AI and Autochartist
Competitiveness depends on the operating subsidiary
Upgraded MT4/MT5 trading platforms with 28 plugins and EAs
Competitive commission-free Forex fees and volume-based rebate program
Unlimited demo accounts, quality research, and education
Pepperstone Account Types Bottom Line
The choice for most traders at Pepperstone will be between the Razor Account and the Standard Account, although Islamic, Professional, and Premium Account options will be more appropriate for some traders.
The Pepperstone account types can provide traders with a competitive edge due to cutting-edge trading tools, excellent order execution, and upgraded MT4/MT5 accounts. The Pepperstone minimum deposit is $0, ensuring clients maintain complete control over portfolio management. Pepperstone fees in the commission-free and commission-based options are competitive, and a three-tier volume-based rebate program lowers final trading costs for high-frequency traders.
Unlimited demo accounts provide traders with a vital tool to test EAs, tweak and try new strategies, evaluate signal providers, and bug-fix algorithmic trading solutions. Algorithmic traders get VPS hosting and API trading, social traders can connect their Pepperstone account types to the active TradingView community, and copy traders can diversify via embedded MT4/MT5/cTrader solutions, Myfxbook Autotrade, and DupliTrade.
The regulatory jurisdiction determines certain terms of the Pepperstone trading environment, with Bahamas, Kenya, and Dubai guaranteeing the most balanced combination. Pepperstone maintains an excellent trading environment suitable for all strategies, making it a trustworthy, secure, and leading multi-asset CFD broker.
Does Pepperstone offer an Islamic account?
Does Pepperstone offer a bonus account?
Which account type is best for Pepperstone?
How do you open a demo account on Pepperstone?
Does Pepperstone have a cash account?
How many Pepperstone accounts are there?