Thailand is an emerging hotspot for Forex trading, and most international brokers accept Thai resident traders, resulting in plenty of choice. I have reviewed the best Forex brokers in Thailand, paying particular attention to those which really cater to the core needs of traders, and which offer the best trading apps in Thailand. Read on to view my shortlist and findings to find the best Forex broker for your needs, along with essential information about Forex trading in Thailand.
High floating leverage + fast execution
Daily market research and Autochartist access
Trade 1,000+ financial instruments
Experience low, competitive spreads
Multiple funding and swift withdrawal options
High level regulation in multiple jurisdictions
Impressive range of tradeable assets including vanilla options and gold options
Solid broker for scalping and hedging
Institutional-style trading opportunities for retail traders
- FXTM, Best all-around broker with high floating leverage and fast execution.
- FP Markets, ECN trading with leverage up to 1:500..
- Eightcap, Competitive pricing + excellent daily videos.
- AvaTrade, Highly regulated, choice of fixed or floating spreads.
- BlackBull Markets, Best ECN trading environment, with scalping and hedging.
5.0/5 in this category
Best all-around broker with high floating leverage and fast execution
FXTM offers deposits and withdrawals in the Thai Baht via online banking, commission-free for deposits. It ranks among the best Forex brokers in Thailand, especially for scalpers and high-frequency traders, with $500+ portfolios, due to its average execution speed of 0.072 seconds, average price improvement of 0.29 pips, or $2.90 per lot, deep liquidity, and low trading costs.
Traders get the core MT4/MT5 trading platforms, with full support for algorithmic and copy trading, while FXTM also features its proprietary FXTM Invest service, a quality copy trading alternative. With 1,000+ assets, direct share investments, and in-house constructed thematic stock baskets, FXTM maintains a balanced asset selection, supplemented by quality education, research, and trading signals.
Excellent commission-based Forex pricing environment and transparency
Upgraded MT4/MT5 trading platforms plus proprietary mobile trading app
Quality market research and educational content for beginner traders
Proprietary copy trading platform, low minimum deposit, and high leverage
5.0/5 in this category
ECN trading with leverage up to 1:500.
A twelve-plugin upgrade and Autochartist create a competitive MT4/MT5 environment at FP Markets, making it one of the best Forex brokers in Thailand. Social traders can use Myfxbook Autotrade or the in-house FP Markets Copy Trading. Thai traders can deposit commission-free in the Thai Baht or opt for several cryptocurrency methods, with withdrawals facing a 1.5% fee.
Asset managers get the MAM/PAMM modules. MT5 users have 1,000+ assets, with 60+ currency pairs for Forex traders, while the commission-based account offers competitive trading costs. Forex scalpers benefit from deep liquidity, high leverage, and fast order execution in an NDD order environment free of requotes or price manipulation. Beginners get quality education and research, including a detailed, weekly technical analysis.
Choice of trading platforms and auxiliary trading tools
Very competitive cost structure and excellent asset selection
Low minimum deposit requirement and leverage of up to 1:500
Well-regulated and trustworthy
5.0/5 in this category
Competitive pricing + excellent daily videos
The addition of Capitalise AI, enabling automation of strategies in a code-free environment, makes Eightcap one of the best Forex brokers in Thailand. It complements the algorithmic-focused out-of-the-box MT4/MT5 platforms, upgraded via the Amazing Trader, and has integrated copy trading services. Eightcap has the best trading app in Thailand for cryptocurrency traders. It includes Cryptocrusher, a dedicated cryptocurrency solution, and 250+ cryptocurrency CFDs.
Eightcap offers Forex scalpers excellent execution statistics, deep liquidity, and competitive trading costs in its commission-based account. The MAM/PAMM module caters to licensed asset managers, where a selection of 1,000 assets ensures a balanced asset selection. Quality education and market commentary await beginners. Thai-resident traders can benefit from cryptocurrency deposits, while the partnership program supports passive income generation.
Low minimum deposit and high leverage of up to 1:500
Competitive cost structure
Excellent technology infrastructure and seasoned management team
Daily research and quality educational content
5.0/5 in this category
Highly regulated, choice of fixed or floating spreads
Besides offering upgraded MT4/MT5 trading platforms for algorithmic traders, AvaTrade also offers its proprietary web based AvaTrade WebTrader, AvaOptions, and mobile app AvaTradeGO. It ranks among the most trusted Forex brokers globally. Its spun-out trading academy SharpTrader remains one of the highest quality educational resources for beginner traders, making AvaTrade one of the best online brokers in Thailand.
Social traders may use Ava Social, ZuluTrade, or DupliTrade, while MT4/MT5 has integrated copy trading services. AvaTrade maintains a balanced asset selection, where vanilla options support complex trading strategies for advanced traders in a commission-free pricing environment. The AvaTrade partnership program has 70,000+ partners from 150+ counties and 250M+ commission payouts, making AvaTrade one of the best Forex brokers in Thailand.
High-quality educational offering via SharpTrader
Excellent choice of trading platforms catering to various trading needs
Broad asset selection and cross-asset diversification opportunities
Well-regulated and trusted broker with oversight from a central bank
4.5/5 in this category
Best ECN trading environment, with scalping and hedging
BlackBull Markets was founded in 2014 in New Zealand. Like many antipodean Forex brokers, BlackBull Markets is an ECN broker, offering raw spreads and commissions. They are regulated in New Zealand by the Financial Services Providers Register (FSPR) and offer a maximum leverage on some Forex currency pairs as high as 500 to 1. In addition to their global headquarters in New Zealand, BlackBull Markets also has presences in the form of branch offices in New York and Malaysia. BlackBull Markets offers a relatively tight range of tradable assets: 27 Forex currency pairs and crosses, gold, silver, crude oil, natural gas, and 6 major equity indices. That should be sufficient for those traders with more focused strategies not requiring wide diversification.
BlackBull Markets Pros & Cons
ECN/NDD execution model with deep liquidity
Institution-grade pricing for retail traders via proprietary price aggregation
ZuluTrade and Myfxbook for social trading
Leverage of up to 1:500
Forex trading in Thailand became 100% legal in 2017, falling under the regulatory environment of the Bank of Thailand (the central bank of Thailand) and the Thailand Securities and Exchange Commission. While domestic Forex brokers in Thailand or international brokers with a local presence are essentially non-existent, almost every offshore broker accepts Forex traders from Thailand.
Forex trading in the Thai Baht is not widely available, but a few Forex brokers offer Baht crosses, where spreads remain wide given the lack of liquidity. No international Forex broker provides the Thai Baht as an account base currency, which would make little sense due to currency conversion fees on each transaction. Some Forex brokers allow deposits and withdrawals in the Thai Baht via online payment processors.
Forex traders must check the local tax laws, rules, and requirements to remain compliant and keep Forex trading legal. It is best to consult a licensed professional for advice.
Forex trading was illegal for retail traders until 2017, when the Thai government legalized it, as summarized in the Securities and Exchange Act BE 2535 amendment. The Thai financial system has improved strongly over the past three decades, sparked by the Asian Financial Crisis of 1997 and the Global Financial Crisis of 2007. Since 2017, Thai Forex traders can legally trade, and the Bank of Thailand and the Securities and Exchange Commission regulate the sector.
In 2019, the Thai government relaxed Forex regulations further, allowing Thai residents to send money directly offshore to invest in or trade Forex or derivatives. The aim was to encourage capital outflows amid a surging Thai Baht. Before the change, Thai Forex traders had to use a domestic intermediary. Now, they can invest directly up to $200,000 annually following a one-time registration with the Bank of Thailand.
Speculation using the Thai Baht remains prohibited, and non-residents face restrictions when dealing with the Thai Baht enforced by the Bank of Thailand.
Trading with one of the best Forex brokers in Thailand will increase profitability and ensure Thai Forex traders deal with a trustworthy and secure broker.
Thai Forex traders should consider the following in making a choice:
1. Regulation and Security - The most competitive option is an offshore regulated broker with more than ten years of experience.
2. Trading Costs - A commission-based pricing environment with volume-based rebates remains ideal, but trading costs for major currency pairs should not exceed $7 per standard lot.
3. Asset Selection - Competitive Forex brokers should offer 60+ currency pairs, while multi-asset brokers typically provide traders with 2,000+ trading instruments.
4. Account Types - Thai resident Forex traders should look for equal treatment, with improvements to secondary benefits as account balances expand, and avoid multi-tier account structures.
5. Trading Platforms - Support for algorithmic and copy trading must exist, and MT4/MT5 upgrades remain preferred.
6. Deposits & Withdrawals - While deposits and withdrawals in the Thai Baht can offer a bonus, only a few Forex brokers support them.
Opening a Forex account remains a straightforward online process, which should consist of minimal data collection. Most international Forex brokers follow hassle-free approaches, where the initial registration process can take as little as 20 seconds and account verification can be completed within 24 hours.
Here are the steps to open a Forex Account in Thailand:
1. Research Forex brokers and pick one of the best Forex brokers in Thailand.
2. Fill out the online registration form, which should only ask for your name, country of residence, e-mail, desired password, and a valid mobile phone number.
3. Account verification is mandatory, and it is probably wise to avoid any broker skipping this step as it is likely a scam broker. Most traders will satisfy AML/KYC stipulations by sending a copy of their ID and one proof of residency document.
4. Funding your account will complete the account opening process. Minimum deposits depend on Forex brokers and payment processors. While some brokers offer Forex accounts from as little as a $5 minimum deposit, $100 is the industry average, but Thai-resident Forex traders should ideally aim for $500+ as their initial deposit, with monthly follow-on deposits if possible.
While the Forex market operates 24/5, some periods offer above-average liquidity, which usually results in tighter spreads, and, therefore, lower trading costs.
The best times to trade Forex in Thailand are, in local times:
- 2 a.m. - 5 a.m. (Last two hours of the New York trading sessions and first hour of the Sydney trading session)
- 7 a.m. - 8 a.m. (First hour of the Tokyo trading session)
- Noon to 1 p.m. (Last hour of the Sydney trading session)
- 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. (The first two hours of the London trading session and the last hour of the Tokyo trading session)
- 7 p.m. - 11 p.m. (First two hours of the New York trading session and the last two hours of the London trading session)
Most retail traders in Thailand will miss the first period, while the second and third have less significance than the fourth and fifth, which are prime Forex trading periods.
Considering the advantages and disadvantages of Forex trading in Thailand remains a necessary final step before opening an account with one of the best online brokers in Thailand. Many advantages and benefits exist to Forex trading, but beginners should not underestimate the disadvantages and understand what they are to avoid them.
The advantage of Forex trading in Thailand are:
- Lower capital requirements for margin than other asset classes
- 24/5 availability allowing retail traders to structure trading around their day-to-day activities
- Algorithmic trading usually available to manage portfolios autonomously
- Copy trading brokers and MAM brokers offer semi-managed and managed trading alternatives
- Social trading adds another potential trading approach
- Passive income opportunities via affiliate programs
The disadvantage of Forex trading in Thailand are:
- Many beginner traders rush into Forex trading without spending time on education
- Underfunded trading accounts
- Overoptimistic and unrealistic profit expectations
- Widespread scams and fraud by paid-for service providers
Trading with the best online brokers in Thailand can offer many advantages, unlock revenue streams, and boost income generation. Beginner traders should begin their journey by learning about Forex trading, including trading psychology, which can make or break portfolios. Trading costs rank among the most defining parameters, as they directly impact profitability and dictate which trading strategies a Forex trader can use.
Forex traders in Thailand should trade with brokers offering deep liquidity, which lowers trading costs, and ensures their orders typically receive the price they enter in their order ticket. Fast order execution remains equally important next to negative balance protection for competitive trading conditions. Proper risk management ranks as the single most ignored aspect of Forex trading. Its absence results in massive trading losses, not the use of leverage, as many market participants, including regulators, claim.
Start with education, take your time to understand the basics, then proceed with one of the best Forex brokers and join the most liquid financial market globally.
Is Forex trading legal in Thailand?
Forex trading is legal in Thailand and regulated by the Bank of Thailand and the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Do Forex traders pay tax in Thailand?
Forex traders pay tax in Thailand and should consult a tax professional for assistance in determining their liability to tax on profits.
Can foreigners buy stocks in Thailand?
Foreigners can buy stocks in Thailand, and Thailand has become a popular destination among Southeast Asian economies.
How do I open a trading account in Thailand?
A swift online application process handles the onboarding process at international Forex brokers.
Can I trade US stocks from Thailand?
Most Thai stock and international brokers offer Thai-resident investors and traders access to US stocks.
How do I buy an ETF in Thailand?
Many international CFD brokers offer a choice of ETFs in their trading platforms. It is possible to trade ETF CFDs or to buy on ETF through a Thai bank or other financial institution.
What payment methods do Thailand Forex brokers support?
The best online brokers in Thailand support bank wires, credit/debit cards, e-payment services, and cryptocurrencies.
What leverage limits do Thailand forex brokers offer?
Leverage depends on the currency pair, but many of the best Forex brokers in Thailand offer leverage as high as 1:500.
Are Thailand Forex brokers safe?
The Thai financial sector remains well-regulated and safe. Since Thailand has no domestic Forex traders, aside from services provided by banks, Thai Forex traders will trade with international Forex brokers, where many secure, reliable, and trustworthy options exist.