The Argentinian government lifted its tight controls on retail Forex trading in 2015, and in 2016, the central bank lifted restrictions on cross-border transactions.
Forex margin trading has slowly expanded as Argentinians seek ways to diversify investments and stabilize their income streams, and our in-depth review has identified the most suitable Argentinian Forex brokers to serve the market. Our guide also helps beginners get started, provides a broker checklist, and includes the pros and cons of Forex trading in Argentina. Use our review to ensure you trade with the most competitive Argentinian Forex brokers.
High floating leverage + fast execution
Daily market research and Autochartist access
High level regulation in multiple jurisdictions
Impressive range of tradeable assets including vanilla options and gold options
Trade 1,000+ financial instruments
Experience low, competitive spreads
Multiple funding and swift withdrawal options
In-house research and excellent educational center
- FXTM, Best all-around broker with high floating leverage and fast execution.
- FP Markets, ECN trading with leverage up to 1:500.
- AvaTrade, Highly regulated, choice of fixed or floating spreads.
- Eightcap, Competitive pricing + excellent daily videos.
- Forex.com, Excellent trading conditions + NFA regulation.
5.0/5 in this category
Best all-around broker with high floating leverage and fast execution
FXTM offers the MT4/MT5 platforms, ideal for algorithmic and copy trading, its in-house developed FXTM Trader app for mobile devices complements the proprietary FXTM Invest service. Traders can also use the MT4 FXTM Pivot Points Trading Strategy plugin, while beginners benefit from actionable trading signals and quality educational content.
The Advantage account requires a minimum deposit of $500 but provides Argentinian Forex traders with ultra-low trading costs with raw spreads from 0.0 pips for a commission between $0.80 and $4.00 per 1.0 lot. The excellent order execution statistics show an average execution speed of 0.071 seconds and an average price improvement of 0.30 pips or $3.00 per lot on 97.18% of filled orders, making FXTM one of the leading Argentinian Forex brokers.
Excellent commission-based Forex pricing environment and transparency
Upgraded MT4/MT5 trading platforms plus proprietary mobile trading app
Quality market research and educational content for beginner traders
Proprietary copy trading platform, low minimum deposit, and high leverage
4.5/5 in this category
ECN trading with leverage up to 1:500
FP is a broker with a cutting-edge trading environment and belongs amongst the list of Argentinian Forex brokers you should consider. Commission-based costs commence with raw spreads from 0.0 pips for a volume fee commission of $6.00 per round turn lot traded. Beginners get quality research, including actionable trading signals, market reports sent via newsletter and introductory educational content.
MAM/PAMM accounts enable traditional account management, while copy traders can diversify investments with social trading via the proprietary FP Markets Copy Trading solution, Myfxbook Autotrade, Signal Start, and embedded MT4/MT5 copy trading services. VPS hosting for low-latency, 24/5 market access, NDD order processing, lack of requotes, high leverage, and deep liquidity ensure demanding traders have a competitive edge.
Choice of trading platforms and auxiliary trading tools
Very competitive cost structure and excellent asset selection
Low minimum deposit requirement and leverage of up to 1:500
Well-regulated and trustworthy
4.5/5 in this category
Highly regulated, choice of fixed or floating spreads
AvaTrade ranks highly on our Argentinian Forex brokers list due to its choices of trading platforms. Traders can use the web based AvaTrade WebTrader, AvaOptions, and mobile app AvaTradeGO or opt for the MT4/MT5 platforms upgraded with the Trading Central plugin.
Capitalise AI allows traders to automate strategies in a code-free environment and is another competitive edge traders would do well to explore. Copy traders get Ava Social, ZuluTrade, DupliTrade, and the embedded MT4/MT5 solutions with reasonably priced commission-free trading spread markups. The partnership program features 70,000+ partners from 150+ countries and has made 250M+ in commission payouts to date, while beginners can benefit from the spun-out SharpTrader Academy.
High-quality educational offering via SharpTrader
Excellent choice of trading platforms catering to various trading needs
Broad asset selection and cross-asset diversification opportunities
Well-regulated and trusted broker with oversight from a central bank
4.5/5 in this category
Competitive pricing + excellent daily videos
Eightcap is one of the leading Argentinian Forex and cryptocurrency CFD brokers. Forex clients benefit from Capitalise AI, enabling the automation of strategies in a code-free environment. Crypto traders get the dedicated cryptocurrency solution Cryptocrusher and 250+ cryptocurrency CFDs. Eightcap maintains the core MT4/MT5 trading platforms and connects portfolios to the active TradingView community with 30M+ members, and the MAM/PAMM module is available to licensed account managers.
The commission-based cost structure means traders see raw spreads of 0.0 pips for a commission of $7.00 per lot. VPS hosting for low latency, 24/5 market access, deep liquidity, high leverage, and excellent order execution statistics mean Eightcap is a solid choice for most clients. A high-paying partnership program is available, and beginners get introductory educational content.
Low minimum deposit and high leverage of up to 1:500
Competitive cost structure
Excellent technology infrastructure and seasoned management team
Daily research and quality educational content
4.5/5 in this category
Excellent trading conditions + NFA regulation
Traders at Forex.com can benefit from quality trading tools, making it one of the most competitive Argentinian Forex brokers. Besides the out-of-the-box MT5 trading platform, Forex.com has a cutting-edge web-based alternative that includes Trading Central services and the Forex.com SMART Signals. A user-friendly mobile app is also available, and Forex.com connects clients to the active TradingView community with 30M+ traders.
Beginners can benefit from high-quality research, actionable trading ideas, and an excellent educational section. Forex.com offers in-depth performance analytics to help traders improve their strategies, adding a high-quality trading tool. The price improvement technology can decrease trading fees in the already reasonably priced spread markup structure with minimum spreads of 0.8 pips or $8.00 per 1.0 standard lot for major currency pairs.
The best Argentinian Forex brokers from our review ensure traders have access to the best trading tools and knowledge available to assist with maintaining a competitive edge. Before opening and funding a live trading account, beginners should consider the below steps to minimize avoidable mistakes.
Considering the below steps will help beginners minimize avoidable mistakes:
1. In-depth education, available for free online, forms the cornerstone of successful Forex trading, as it is a highly skilled profession. Traders who prefer managed accounts or copy trading services should start with education to help them recognize scams and frauds.
2. Trading psychology factors often separate 90% of losing active traders from the profitable 10%, so mastering psychological issues is paramount. Traders should also understand the importance of leverage and its relationship to risk management, which are essential to success. Beginners should consider trading losses, which are an unavoidable fact in the trading process, as the price of their education and learn from their mistakes.
3. The Argentinian Forex brokers listed here ensure a competitive edge and a trustworthy environment, which are necessary for profitable Forex traders. Trading with the wrong broker can be a costly mistake.
4. Successful traders should define and follow a suitable trading strategy. They should also deploy an appropriate risk management profile, use leverage intelligently, understand the impact of trading fees and approach the Forex market with realistic expectations and annual goals.
5. Traders should analyze price action, ideally with algorithmic solutions. Traders should also use a detailed economic calendar to plan for potentially disrupting events leaving them unawares.
6. Before traders commit capital to third-party signal providers, copy trading services, or managed accounts, they should conduct their due diligence and test them for several months in a demo account.
7. Successful traders will master the placement of take profit and stop loss levels, which takes time and practice.
Argentinian Forex traders should ensure their Forex brokers offer the following:
- Regulation - Regulated brokers should segregate client deposits, offer negative balance protection, and must meet strict financial requirements. Additionally, a clean operational record of more than ten years or more eliminates the risk of scams and fraud.
- Local payment methods - Bank wires and credit/debit card deposits exist at all brokers. Argentina is home to a vibrant FinTech culture with 300+ companies and 30+ e-wallet providers, led by domestic powerhouse Mercado Pago. They provide low-cost, fast, and secure financial transactions, but traders must wait for broker adoption or cross-wallet integration. Cryptocurrencies are another option readily available for Argentinian traders.
- Spread sizes - Spreads on major currency pairs during the most liquid trading times should not exceed 0.1 pips in a commission-based and 0.7 pips in a commission-free spread pricing environment.
- Fees - Competitively priced brokers cap Forex commissions at $6.00 per 1.0 standard lot. They also have volume-based rebate programs that lower final trading fees.
- Products - Brokers offering 60+ currency pairs ensure traders can diversify portfolios and use different strategies with broader sector coverage.
- Asset class diversity - Commodities, index CFDs, and cryptocurrencies rank among the primary trading instruments for Forex traders seeking cross-asset diversification.
- Account type diversity - Commission-free and commission-based accounts are the primary account types, including sub-account options. Some brokers focus on one pricing method, but many brokers offer the choice. Specific account types may exist for investors, Islamic traders, copy traders, or managed account services.
- Demo account - Beginners can evaluate trading conditions and familiarize themselves with the platform, seasoned traders test new strategies, algorithmic traders can optimize their trading solutions and test EAs, and copy traders evaluate signal providers with unlimited demo accounts.
- Mobile trading - All brokers offer the MT4/MT5 mobile app, but the most competitive brokers have developed high-quality proprietary alternatives.
- Competitive deposits/withdrawals - While deposits are usually free, traders may face withdrawal fees, including third-party payment processing and currency conversion fees.
Three financial regulators exist in Argentina, the Banco Central de la República Argentina (BCRA), the central bank of Argentina, the Ministerio de Economía, the Ministry of Economic and the Comisión Nacional de Valores (CNV), the national securities commission. The CNV is an independent regulator established in 1968 and is ultimately responsible for the rules and regulations governing Argentinian Forex brokers.
The CNV does not restrict Argentinian Forex traders from opening offshore accounts but requires offshore brokers who want to operate from within Argentina to become registered agents. It is not a requirement for offshore Forex brokers to register with the CNV to accept clients from Argentina. Since most Forex trading occurs via derivatives and not the physical exchange of currencies, the limitations on Forex trading do not apply to retail FX.
Argentinian traders can trade all available trading instruments their international brokers offer, as Argentina has no special restrictions. These include Forex, commodities, cryptocurrencies, indices, equities, ETFs, and bonds, but traders should check any capital limits that may exist on select securities. The Forex and cryptocurrency markets rank among the fastest-growing sectors, primarily due to the vibrant FinTech industry in Argentina, which leads the Latin American market.
Yes, Forex trading is legal in Argentina, and the government, led by its three financial regulators, continues to amend its laws and regulations to make it more accessible while maintaining transparency. Most retail Forex trading occurs via well-regulated international offshore brokers. Domestic banks and financial firms cater to physical Forex trading for institutional and business clients.
Before Argentinian Forex traders open a live trading account with any of the Argentinian Forex brokers from our review, they should consider the pros and cons of Forex trading in Argentina.
- The Forex market is decentralized, and traders can transact 24/5.
- Forex traders can use powerful algorithmic trading solutions, which account for 80%+ of daily volume and automate a lot of the work involved in monitoring.
- Copy trading and social trading strategies can help beginners diversify.
- Forex traders can use account management services and mobile apps.
- Passive income opportunities without placing trades.
- Forex trading has lower capital requirements in trading small nominal positions with leverage than other asset classes.
- Low-cost deposit and withdrawal methods, including cryptocurrencies, ensure frictionless financial transactions.
- A fundamental misunderstanding of Forex trading, its requirements, and possibilities due to a lack of quality education despite its availability from numerous sources.
- Unrealistic trading expectations and a lack of sufficient trading capital can result in overtrading and other costly mistakes.
- Avoidable leveraged trading losses due to the absence of adequate risk management of positions.
- Sub-standard trading conditions related to clients using inadequate hardware, no quiet place to trade, or using mobile apps only for more complex Forex trading rather than say Forex copying management.
- A false sense of accomplishment among beginners who rely solely on demo accounts as an educational tool, which lack exposure to trading psychology factors.
Argentina has a turbulent past with the Forex market, but it has made some regulatory changes over the past decade to make the Forex market legal and accessible.
The Comisión Nacional de Valores (CNV), the national securities commission, regulates the domestic Forex market. There are no restrictions on Argentinian Forex traders from opening offshore accounts or on offshore brokers from accepting Argentinian clients.
Algorithmic trading, copy trading, social trading, and traditional account management services rank amongst the Argentinian trading strategies with the highest demand. The most notable headwinds are the lack of education, insufficient capital, and unrealistic trading expectations. Argentinian Forex brokers support the most sought-after strategies with cutting-edge technology, trading tools, and active trading communities sharing valuable insights.
Is trading Forex legal in Argentina?
Yes, Forex trading is legal in Argentina, and the Comisión Nacional de Valores (CNV), the national securities commission, regulates the domestic Forex market. Additionally, Argentinian Forex traders have no restrictions on opening offshore accounts.
Is it safe to trade Forex in Argentina?
Yes, well regulated and trustworthy international Forex brokers handle the bulk of Argentinian retail Forex volume, making it safe and secure for Argentinian Forex traders.
How can I find local Forex brokers in Argentina?
Argentinian-resident Forex traders may consult with the Comisión Nacional de Valores (CNV), which regulates the Argentinian Forex market and requires registration by domestic Forex brokers.
How many Forex traders are there in Argentina?
No relevant public data exists, but Argentina has a population of approximately 50 million, suggesting there must be at least 50,000.
Can you make money with Forex trading in Argentina?
While it is possible to make money with Forex trading in Argentina, it depends entirely on individual traders. Data suggests that 71% of retail traders lose money and less than 2% trade successfully enough to earn a living at it.
How to verify Forex authorization in Argentina?
Argentinian Forex traders can verify Forex authorization of domestic Forex brokers with the Comisión Nacional de Valores (CNV).
What are the regulations for Forex trading in Argentina?
The Comisión Nacional de Valores (CNV) makes ongoing changes to Forex regulations published in bulletins and maintains complete transparency. Those rules and regulations apply to physical Forex trading and generally do not extend to online margin trading, which uses derivatives. Argentinian Forex clients should stay updated with the Comisión Nacional de Valores (CNV) or consult a legal professional if they have questions.